Who we are
Biosfera Itinerari organizes, develops and guides wildlife tours in some of the most undisturbed, rich and spectacular natural environments on Earth.
Each trip is thought for small groups, tailor–made on client demands for a very high quality experience and led by professional and experienced Biologists and Naturalists with strong academic backgrounds.
- Organizing a successful wildlife trip in the wildest and most unspoilt regions on Earth can be tremendously challenging. The background of almost 20 years of top–quality experience in the organization of wildlife tours in tropical areas is the best guarantee for the successful organization of an unforgettable experience.
- The collaboration with highly experienced biologists to guide our trips increases the chances of spotting wildlife and allows the travellers to gain insights on the biology, ethology, and conservation issues of the species encountered.
- Ensuring high quality wildlife sightings and observations in its natural habitat is our primary aim, but it represents also a powerful and effective tool for the conservation of threatened species and ecosystems. We therefore avoid any practices that can have a negative impact on wildlife safety; we avoid wildlife observations made in artificial and unnatural conditions (captive or fed wildlife), unless after a careful and rigorous background check.
- Additionally, our itineraries are organized according to a a conservation perspective, with timings and locations that are different from the usual touristic ones. Our main aim is to leave time for travellers to go deep in the understanding of the dynamics and the challenges of the ecosystems explored. We are equally interested in the cultural heritage of our destinations as well as their wildlife.
- Our main aim is to respect and learn about the habitats, the culture, the social and economics features as well as the ecology of the regions that we visit. When organizing the tours we avoid anything that might have a strong negative impact on the environment or that might seem offensive towards the local citizens.
- Despite our tours are mostly focused on wildlife observation, we pay special attention to the cultural components of our trips. We believe that the successful long-term habitat and species conservation is not achievable without acknowledging and respecting the needs of the local populations.
Biologist, with expertise in vertebrates,Davide has over 13 years of experience working with large carnivores in various Protected Areas. He’s an expert “scientific populariser” focused on biodiversity assessment and conservation, and a lecturer in various Italian universities. He’s a tour leader and has been designing, managing and guiding ecotourism trips in Africa, India, Southeast Asia and Americas since 1996. Among his experiences, some hiking to mountain peaks up to 5900 meter and exploration surveys in the tropical rainforests of Camerun and Congo.
Naturalist with a Ph.D. in Biodiversity and Evolution, Marco is the Chief Scientist for WWF in Italy. He has been a postdoctoral fellow at ISPRA (The Institute for Environmental Protection and Research – Italy), where he’s been focusing on wolf conservation and, management in collaboration with UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles), where he carried on his PhD. He has a keen interest in travelling and environmental education.
Daniele Vivarelli, Ph.D.
With a strong academic background in biology, Daniele has a Ph.D. in Biodiversity and Evolution from the University of Bologna (Italy), researching on the ALARM (Assessing Large-Scale Risks for Biodiversity with Tested Methods) European Project, resulting in different peer-reviewed publications and oral and poster presentations. Since 2006, he has been involved in numerous working, travelling and research experiences in Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania. Additionally in all these years he’s been a tour leader and scuba dive instructor.
Francesco De Gasperis
Francesco De Gasperis, M.Sc.
Ecologist with an international background, Francesco has studied ecosystem biodiversity in France, conducted behavioural research in Denmark and gained a M.Sc. in Biology studying large carnivores in Italy. He’s a travel agent and a reportage photographer specializing in wildlife and travels, with works published by national magazines. He works in ecotourism since 2011, with experiences in Europe, Africa and Asia.
Naturalist with a Ph.D. in Ecology and Ecosystem Analysis, Edoardo has worked on Amazon parrots, wolves, Eurasian lynx and wild cats, the latter being the focus of his current research at ISPRA (The Institute for Environmental Protection and Research – Italy) resulting in peer-reviewed publications and oral presentations. A secondary school science teacher, he’s also a natural science illustrator and enthusiast scientific populariser.
With a Ph.D in Zoology at the University of Pisa and member of the Italian Zoology Society, Federico is a freelance Naturalist and Zoologist, focusing on wildlife (mainly carnivores, ungulates, threatened birds) and ecosystem management in collaboration with public institutions, parks and research centers since 1996, with several publications, oral and poster presentations.
Gianluca holds a master degree in Natural Science from the University of Bologna, with a special focus on Carnivora and other homeotherm fauna and attending specialistic courses on wildlife monitoring and management. He works full time as a nature and hiking guide, and he’s an environmental education and trekking enthusiastic.
Martian holds a degree in Environmental Science from the University of Venice. She’s involved full time in nature tourism and in the divulgation of conservation issues. She’s member of the faunistic board of the area of Venice and the scientific board of the Sile River Park. She has experience in conservation consultancy and wildlife watching expedition in temperate and tropical ecosystems.
Paolo holds a degree in Environmental Science from the University of Florence, and a post degree specialization in Primatology from the University of Girona (Spain). He’s a professional photographer and videomaker involved in many different conservation projects, in collaboration with the University of Veracruz (Mexico). He has been involved in numerous working, travelling and research experiences in Africa, Asia and America.
We assign leaders to tours well in advance, however, we reserve the right to make changes if necessary.
+39 347 304 2700
Via Po 25/C – 00198 Roma
Tel. +39 0685376501